Need Coffee Dot Com Coffee - It's Here!
Need Coffee Dot Com!

Top 10 Couples in Anime and Manga

By Dindrane - posted 10.03.07 @ 9:38 pm

Ah, love, sweet love. Anime has science-fiction, action, fantasy, horror, and realistic drama, and it often, in the midst of any genre, also has love. Here is our unscientific and wholly subjective list of the top 10 anime couples of anime and manga.

Sorata and Arashi from X

10. Sorata and Arashi, from X: the TV series. These two may be the "darkest" couple on the list, but only because X is such a heady blend of supernatural, good vs. evil, and universal stakes. It takes an Ice Queen like Arashi to sort out the womanizing Sorata, and you're rooting for them from the first moment. If only they stay alive long enough to enjoy it... (Buy X on DVD from Amazon...)

Tenchi and Ryoko from Tenchi Muyo!

9. Tenchi and Ryoko… or Ayeka from Tenchi Muyo!. I know, I know… I can hear the groans from here. But you have to admit that the question of which damsel would win the fair hero Tenchi kept people wondering and fighting for years. Whether you pull for the hot-headed space-pirate Ryoko or the powerful space-princess Ayeka, Tenchi hopes to prove that he's not only some chosen alien-human hybrid able to save the world (repeatedly), but maybe even a good man. Setting the standard for harem comedies for years to come, Tenchi wins either way. (Buy Tenchi Muyo stuff from Amazon...)

Kyo and Tohru from Fruits Basket

8. Kyo Sohma and Tohru Honda of Fruits Basket. In a dark, depressing anime, Tohru's gritty, determined cheerfulness might just be the only light, and it does not go unappreciated by the abused, neglected cat Kyo. Of course, some readers/viewers would prefer to see Tohru with "the Prince," Yuki, that's just tough. It's the "one who was never loved" who needs love the most, and Tohru is the only one strong enough to love the alley-cat Kyo. (Buy Fruits Basket stuff from Amazon...)

Miaka Yuki and Tamahome from Fushigi Yugi

7. Miaka Yuki and Tamahome from Fushigi Yugi. They may make everyone's favorite couple's list, but there's a good reason for that. They struggle, they fight, they overcome. They may not be the cutest (Syaoran and Sakura, anyone?) or the hottest couple (maybe Amon and Robin, or Mars' Rei and Kira), but they are definitely the most undying. The situations they face are legitimately heartbreaking and testing, and they've earned their place on the list. (Buy Fushigi Yugi stuff from Amazon...)

6. Spike Spiegel and Julia from Cowboy Bebop. They may be doomed from the beginning, and Julia may not actually feature very much in the show per se, but her specter haunts Spike and informs the action from beginning to end, or from end to end, depending upon how you view the chronology of the show. Julia's personality can even be said to live on, in some ways, in Faye Valentine, another strong-willed woman Spike can't help but like. (Buy Cowboy Bebop stuff from Amazon...)

Direct link for the feedreaders.

Support the Site: Buy Stuff

Kyoko and Godai from Maison Ikkoku

5. Kyoko and Godai from Maison Ikkoku. Godai is part hapless romantic comedy hero and part everyman; who doesn't sympathize with the earnest young man stuck trying over and over to get into college so he can make a life for himself? Meanwhile, he falls in love with his slightly older gorgeous landlady, the gentle, intelligent widow Kyoko. A classic of comedy, drama, and anime in general, Kyoko and Godai show how convoluted the road to true love can be. (Buy Maison Ikkoku stuff from Amazon...)

Kaoru and Kenshin from Rurouni Kenshin

4. Kaoru Kamiya and Himura Kenshin from Rurouni Kenshin. In the middle of this most shonen of shonen samurai series, there lies a gentle romance. Whether you prefer the OAV or the manga ending, their romance endures over years and survives Kenshin's wanderings, his violent past, constant danger, and maybe even life-ending diseases. In a show with a theme of redemption and the assertion of life in the face of death-mongering, their romance serves to affirm the basic humanity of even the most dangerous of characters. (Buy Rurouni Kenshin stuff from Amazon...)

Kagome and Inuyasha from InuYasha

3. Kagome Higurashi and Inuyasha from InuYasha. Bravely loving even the most frustrating and irritating of demon-dogs, Kagome manages to survive and even transcend possibly being a reincarnation of InuYasha's lost love, Kikyo, who herself shows up to create a nice, tidy love triangle. However, it's clear from the beginning that Kagome is a much better match for InuYasha than Kikyo is. Despite the best efforts of Koga, InuYasha's wolf-demon rival, a host of demons who want to defeat InuYasha and/or eat Kagome, and the machinations of the nefarious Naraku, the pair triumphs. An amusing side-couple is that of the businesslike Sango and the womanizing monk Miroku; often used for comic relief, they are themselves quite an interesting couple and a good match. (Buy InuYasha stuff from Amazon...)

Deedlit and Parn from Record of Lodoss War

2. Deedlit and Parn, from Record of Lodoss War. A classic: a knight and his lady, a human and an elf, a fighter and a magic-user. Deedlit and Parn set the standard for subtle, under-spoken but definite love stories for ages to come. We didn't have to see love scenes or babies to know that they would die for each other, and that Deed might just pull an Arwen and die with her short-lived human beloved. (Buy Record of Lodoss War stuff from Amazon...)

Ranma and Akane from Ranma ½

1. Ranma and Akane from Ranma ½. This couple is as prototypical as it gets. Akane is a spitfire, loved by Ranma for the very reasons he can't bring himself to admit he even likes her, while Ranma is as reliable as the wind and as impossible to tame. Anything less would bore her as much as the viewers. Though they both have umpteen-gazillion rivals, they muddle through and, not unlike Takahashi's Kagome and InuYasha, clearly fall in love over the length of the series. You never stop rooting for them, even when you, like their partner, want to strangle one or both of them. Highlights include the OAVs An Akane to Remember and The Two Akanes, Ranma, Look At Me! What can we say? Takahashi knows how to write squabbling lovers who are also equals and interesting. (Buy Ranma ½ stuff from Amazon...)

The character of love in both anime and manga is as varied and different as the titles themselves, delving into forbidden love, desperate love, sweet love, young love, first love, and final love, but just like the real world, no two people are exactly alike, and no romance will be exactly like another. Anime and manga both have an ability to insert romance into titles that may not seem to be a natural for it, and yet it works. The above ten barely scratch the surface of the variety and styles possible, but they are my favorites, and maybe they can inspire you to find your own favorites.

Buy Stuff

Read More About:

Animelistsmangaromance

Dindrane is a writer, scholar, translator, professor and freelance classicist for hire. When she is not assisting the animal kingdom in the overthrow of humanity, she reads. She has, in fact, read more books than you. Do not test her on this. When she is not reading, she is serving as Minister of Anime and Manga Studies at Need Coffee Dot Com. She lives and works in North Alabama and is under the misguided assumption she is boring. She can be found on Twitter at @DindraneErin. She has written 340 posts. See them all here.

Keep Browsing:

« | »

A Mob Numbering 102

i love all the photo!!!!
    they were awesome!!!!

Comment by chelo — December 29, 2007 @ 7:01 am

awwwwwwwwwwwww i love that stuff

Comment by edwardlover — January 22, 2008 @ 3:19 pm

ano mm etto an sakura & shaoran ??

Comment by kisa-chan — February 12, 2008 @ 10:22 am

One piece, Zoro & Robin !
    KyoxTohru ♥♥♥♥♥♥

Comment by mwa — February 15, 2008 @ 11:12 am

this is so cute, and helped me find a few animes i've never heard of.
    I sugest u put down Kouta and Lucy/Nyuu from Elfen Lied. Sure, Lucy may or may not be dead depending on how u take in the last ep, but so . adorable. Kouta, the regular boy. Lucy, the dicloin(spelling?) that can cause a persons body to explode in half just by looking at them, using her invisible, and very strong vectors. To get it ud have to watch the anime..

Comment by mimi — March 7, 2008 @ 8:56 am

These are sweet.i would put Inu+Kag first but thats cuz there favorite couple!it's cute Inuyasha and Kagome will do almost anything for eachother and funny how Inuyasha gets so Jealous!The love subplot has like 3 love triangles!!!

Comment by Annique — March 13, 2008 @ 8:05 pm

i love anime

Comment by chahra — March 26, 2008 @ 7:43 am

They should have Katara and Aang from Avatar the last airbender or Mai and Zuko!

Comment by Mik — March 26, 2008 @ 4:23 pm

Yea. Inu&kag shouldve been 1st! I like the list but inu&kag juss seem like the ultimate anime couple! Seen EVERY episode of inuyasha!!!

Comment by deezy — March 29, 2008 @ 12:28 pm

10.

Inu&Kag 4everr!!!! They should've been 1st!! Not that Ranma and Akane are bad, but I REALLY LUV THE INU&KAG COUPLE!!

Comment by jennyz — April 1, 2008 @ 5:59 pm

11.

It's kind of sad that I actually know quite a lot of guys with Inuyasha's personality :(. Abusive abusive...

Comment by Watch Anime Online — April 7, 2008 @ 9:46 pm

12.

Yea that was pretty good but Inuyasha and Kagome should be the the first one. And then Ranma and Akane right below that! They're both pretty cute couples!!!

Comment by Tiana — April 16, 2008 @ 11:35 pm

13.

I've never really liked Inuyasha and Kagome. I agree that they are cute, but I prefer non-canon. Like Sesshomaru or Naraku and Kagome.

Comment by maddie — April 27, 2008 @ 4:28 pm

14.

INUYASHA AND KAGOME FOREVER!

Comment by Amanda — April 28, 2008 @ 12:48 am

15.

Sousuke and Kaname > Spike and Julia. Nuff said.

Comment by Emma — May 4, 2008 @ 12:03 pm

16.

THE PICS ARE SOOOOO CUTE!!!!...ANIME ROX!!!

Comment by jessica♥bernardo — May 8, 2008 @ 7:17 pm

17.

I know this sounds kinda corny but you should include Daisuke Niwa and Riku Harada from D N Angel. I mean, practically the whole series is about them falling in love, right?

Comment by Carly — May 21, 2008 @ 9:15 pm

18.

Wow all the pics are down right awsome...Personally I've become smitten with Kyo and Tohru...I'm kinda in love with FruitsBasket!

Comment by DIdi^^ — May 22, 2008 @ 9:22 am

19.

the pics r so hot!! i luv them!! put more up

Comment by shelb — June 1, 2008 @ 2:47 pm

20.

my baby you can't have inuyasha

Comment by keke — June 5, 2008 @ 7:18 pm

21.

I love Fushigi Yuugi :3 <3 I'm glad that you put them as cutest a couple because they are! TamahomeXMiaka :3 this rock

Comment by Tasuki's Lover — June 5, 2008 @ 10:17 pm

22.

I think that Miaka and Tamahome aside from Deedlit and Parn are the cutest and most undying couple. It did offend me, but otherwise, good job! :3

Comment by D: — June 5, 2008 @ 10:21 pm

23.

i think that inuyasha and kagome should of been before Spike Spiegel and Julia from Cowboy Bebop
    Because spike and julia are NOT a very cute couple at all

Comment by Amanda — June 7, 2008 @ 11:33 am

24.

You forgot Usagi and Mamo-Chan

Comment by Sarah — June 9, 2008 @ 9:11 pm

25.

eek! i hate kagome and kaoru, so those 2 couples were out of the question,i havent seen some of the other animes, so i cant say much about those, but what happened to the cutest couple in the whole world, sakura and syaroan?!(not their tsubbasa reservoir counterparts, but their original CCS parts)

Comment by Emily — June 19, 2008 @ 3:34 pm

26.

No Usagi and Mamoru? I would imagine they would be at least in the top 5 :(

Comment by Kim — July 4, 2008 @ 7:25 pm

27.

I may be a bit late but, Mimi... Lucy and Kouta? Dude, there are so many reasons they shouldn't be together, not the least of which being Lucy is an unstoppable death engine. And knowing what went down as kids.... ugh. Badwrong.

Comment by Blank-Mage — July 5, 2008 @ 12:43 am

28.

kio and tohru are the cutest!!!!!!!!!!!!! I still havent whatched the episode were they kiss xoxoxoxo

Comment by mira — July 13, 2008 @ 9:46 am

29.

hola esta bkn pero 1 pregunta por q el msn ????

Comment by rati hana — July 13, 2008 @ 3:07 pm

30.

Rati: Thanks for your message...but from what Spanish I understand, you're saying you have one question and it's why MSN? I'm sure a lot of people who use MSN are wondering the same thing, frankly. Or to put it another way, hopefully without butchering it, No entiende su pregunta, Ud. puede preguntar una manera diferente? College was a long, long time ago.

Comment by Widge — July 13, 2008 @ 5:59 pm

31.

Miaka and Tamahome's love story is sooooo.. romantic I just wish I was as lucky as Miaka.I wish that I have a boyfriend like Tamahome

Comment by sakurateo — July 16, 2008 @ 5:51 am

32.

add nw ko h!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment by flores — July 23, 2008 @ 5:17 am

33.

Flores: I can add nw ko h, sure, but am I solving for h or for nw?

Comment by Widge — July 23, 2008 @ 2:11 pm

34.

I posit Lawrence and Horo from "Spice and Wolf." I don't think it was out when this list was made, (not the anime, anyway,) but I have so very little to do with my time.

Comment by Blank Mage — July 24, 2008 @ 3:55 pm

35.

LOL You write really well, and your descriptions and arguments are entertainingly accurate. :) May I just ask, did you also write this piece -- ? :)

Comment by Ai~ — July 28, 2008 @ 8:33 am

36.

Ai~: No...that's Dindrane's opening but the rest of the content appears to be unique. So go for the original, I say. And accept no substitutes.

Comment by Widge — July 28, 2008 @ 10:57 am

37.

kaoru&kenshin inuyasha&kagome kyo&tohru the 3 of them look SOOOOOOOOOOOOO CUTE!!!!!!!!!!! XD

Comment by Mara — August 5, 2008 @ 11:53 am

38.

RANMA AND AKANE FTW! NUMBER ONE, YES!!!

I'm sorry but InuYasha and Kagome don't even begin to COMPARE to the level of romance that Ranma and Akane share. Don't get me wrong, I love InuYasha and Kagome (Yes, die Kikyo, DIE!), but Ranma and Akane share a much deeper bond. Why?

Because InuYasha is still confused about who to pick, Kikyo or Kagome. In the manga he never really states he 'loves' Kagome (but we all know he does).

HOWEVER, no matter how many girls want Ranma and how many boys want Akane, third parties never really have a chance because Ranma and Akane don't see anyone but each other. There was no Kikyo in this one, and I love that! Ranma loves no one but Akane, and Akane loves no one but Ranma. And in the end, he screams he loves her ^_^.

And this is why I think you are absolutely right. Your criticism on anime couples is very accurate, and if I was you I wouldn't really pay attention to the "ZOMG INUxKAG SHOULD HAVE BEEN FIRST PLACE BECAUSE THEY'RE SO KAWAII" comments since more than half of the InuYasha fans haven't watched Ranma 1/2 ^_^(Which they SHOULD because Ranma is InuYasha's ancestor, both from Takahashi-sensei).

I also agree on the TohruxKyo thing because I knew from the start that Yuki saw her as a mother more than he did a girlfriend.

Awesome article! Keep it up! :D

inuyasha & kagome
    kenshin & kaoru
    ranma & akane!!!
    i love it all...♥♥♥

Comment by mary ann — September 16, 2008 @ 2:32 am

41.

inuyasha and kagome photograph are really interesting

Comment by kalpana — September 28, 2008 @ 1:44 am

42.

omgomgomg tohru and kyo???????!!! aaaaaaaaa
    hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!soooo cuute<333!!!!!!!!

Comment by Isobel — October 15, 2008 @ 9:04 pm

43.

I THINK U SHOULD GIVE KIKYO AND INUYASHA ONE PRIZE

Comment by SAKURA — October 17, 2008 @ 12:59 pm

44.

hello I am not ok with your choice!¶
    ¶you chose animate excel however you did not give their true values.¶
    ¶my opinion it has is fushigi yugi which would have to have the first place because one can see their intense love.¶
    ¶whereas in ranma they do not make that to certainly dispute one can see their love but it is not as romantic as fushigi yugi they make all their impossible not to be separate.¶
    ¶but good it is my opinion.¶
    ¶thank you very much for that you made and good continuation.¶
    excuse my English because I do not speak it well because I am algerienne.¶

Comment by ucelle — October 18, 2008 @ 12:51 pm

45.

ucelle: No worries--and my staff can back me up on this--your English is actually better than more than a few native speakers'. Thanks a lot for your comment.

Comment by Widge — October 18, 2008 @ 2:55 pm

46.

so...where's Queen Serenity and Prince Mamoru? :(

Comment by Blue Jay — October 29, 2008 @ 6:39 pm

47.

I'm so happy my fave couples made the list!!! kyo and tohru, akane and ranma, and ofcourse!!! inuyasha and kagome!!! man i read like a bujillion fan fictions of that couple I'm so hooked!!! wahahaha!! I'm interested in the other couples as well...

Comment by JAKENlovesSESSHY — November 3, 2008 @ 11:46 pm

48.

i like furuba.but can you tell me what the ending this comic?

Comment by dina — November 11, 2008 @ 9:53 am

49.

i like tenchi! go go go!

Comment by chopao — November 25, 2008 @ 9:26 pm

50.

inuyasha & kagome r sooo cute 2gether! ^//^

Comment by h7414 — December 6, 2008 @ 4:47 pm

51.

inu & kag 4 eva!!!!!!!!!!! kyo & thouru 4 eva!!!!
    !!!!!!! what about serena and darien??? there like a legend!!

Comment by MORGAN — December 28, 2008 @ 12:27 pm

52.

Kenshixkouru
    Their love story very interesting ;-)

Comment by Freyja — December 29, 2008 @ 9:06 am

53.

His so cute talaga!!!!!

Comment by jhen — February 11, 2009 @ 7:30 am

54.

what about Van and Hitome from Escaflowne? I like them best...maybe I am just a sucker for tragic romance.

Comment by Neka — February 11, 2009 @ 9:00 am

55.

I think Serena and Darien (Mamoru and Usagi) from Sailor Moon should be on this list

Comment by Claudee — March 4, 2009 @ 11:39 pm

56.

i love most of your pairings

except kenshinxkaoru, i prefer tomoexkenshin...

inuyashaxkagome and kyoxtohru are big favourites:D

what about sakuraxsyaoran?? *pouts* that was my OTP when i was a kid.

Comment by Virr — April 28, 2009 @ 9:04 am

57.

miaka and tamahome should be number one
    mamoru and usagi
    aoi and karin
    kagome and inuyasha
    touru and kyo
    but the the rest are okey 4 me

Comment by emely — May 7, 2009 @ 3:21 am

58.

All the the guys on Fruits basket are sooooooo!! Cute :D Lol...

Wish i was on that show.. id probley end up kissing them... :P x

Comment by Joe Gibson — May 10, 2009 @ 9:13 am

59.

I completely agree with ranma and akane as no.1! xD

As I was reading through I was thinking "hmmm...I wonder if this person has Ranma...nah, its a bit old...' and there it was as number 1! I couldn't agree less.

One thing I like about that couple is that it definatly wasn't love at first sight, and their relationship develops slowly over time with excellent character development.

I also think that over half th peope who have read/read IY havent Ramna.

Comment by Kris — May 24, 2009 @ 2:13 am

60.

hmm... on my list, i would add AYA and TOUYA from AYASHINO CERES... and the leads from HIS AND HER CIRCUMSTANCES...

Comment by mordia — June 5, 2009 @ 12:41 pm

61.

Inuyasha & Kagome!!!!!!!!!!! They rock!!!!!!!!

Comment by Melody — June 10, 2009 @ 6:47 pm

62.

I think Inuyasha & Kagome look so CUTE together!!!!!!!!!! :p

Comment by Katie — June 10, 2009 @ 6:50 pm

63.

OMG!! ~ Tenchi x Ryoko ~ I thought I was the only one who loved that couple.. they're so adorable together X3!!

Comment by Ryou Bakura — August 21, 2009 @ 5:02 pm

64.

FUSHIGI YUUGI IS THE BEST ANIME EVER.. I LOVE THE STORY..IT'S ABOUT LOVE,FRIENDSHIP AND SACRIFICES...
    NURIKO AND HOTOHORI WOULD BE A CUTE COUPLE IF NURIKO IS JUST A WOMAN...HOW SAD....

Comment by leya — October 27, 2009 @ 8:28 pm

65.

no miaka and taka is the best couple,they dont dsurve to be #7...its unfair...

Comment by chel — December 22, 2009 @ 8:48 pm

66.

i really love anime...i love them 4 ever and ever!!

Comment by animegirl123 — December 29, 2009 @ 10:03 am

67.

Amuto should be on this website!!!
    So unhappy...
    Amuto is also known as amu+ikuto.

Comment by Hunter Hagerman — December 30, 2009 @ 3:38 am

68.

I am a girl so that's why I read shojo manga.

Ikuto's so HOT!!!!

Comment by Hunter Hagerman — December 30, 2009 @ 3:40 am

69.

Usui&Misaki should be on too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment by Hunter Hagerman — December 30, 2009 @ 3:43 am

70.

i love this stuff!!!!!!

Comment by elizabeth gaffney — January 21, 2010 @ 3:30 pm

71.

I love Fruits Basket <3

Comment by Lucy - Chan — April 24, 2010 @ 3:52 pm

72.

i love it! i love miaka and tamahome.. as well as ranma and akane.. its a good thing to know that lots of people appreciate manga and anime.. by the way i red the Hearts of ice by Krista Perry and i love it! Im hungry for more..

Comment by riuku shin — May 14, 2010 @ 1:29 am

73.

K feas imagenes

Comment by yoselin — June 8, 2010 @ 10:56 pm

74.

wow................................... enfernes all my favorite anime cartoon character is in hir. mhiyaka & tamahome akane & ranma inuyasha & kaGOME BUT FOR ME THE BEST 4 ME IS FUSHIGI YUUGI BECAUSE ITS ALL ABOUT FRIEND SHIP & LOVE STORY OF ANOTHER WORLD I LOVE U MHIYAKA & TAMAHOME.......................

Comment by saiyan — June 9, 2010 @ 2:32 am

75.

Yoselin: I don't think they're *that* bad...

Comment by Widge — June 9, 2010 @ 2:35 am

76.

Okay, I have seen a crap-ton of these "top 10/20/50/100 anime couples" lists and I have to say, yours is, BY FAR, the most comprehensive and objective one I have read. Your summaries of why they are on your list is well written. Thanks for this.

Currently, mine is Hei and Yin from Darker Than Black but the ones on your list are pretty classic.

Comment by Sinamon — July 27, 2010 @ 9:16 pm

77.

Sinamon: Thanks for the comment...I'm sure Dindrane thanks you as do I.

Comment by Widge — July 27, 2010 @ 9:56 pm

78.

hiiiiiiii lahat same pla tau animeholic din aq uber specialy fushigi yuugi

Comment by lorraine — August 29, 2010 @ 12:05 am

79.

I have no idea what you just said but I'm going to assume it was profound and say thank you.

Comment by Widge — August 29, 2010 @ 7:55 pm

80.

I'd have to add Klaus and Dorian from "From Eroica With Love"... what's that you say, they weren't really a couple? Give it time, I say. Give it time. *g*

Comment by obliquered — September 1, 2010 @ 10:34 am

Lucia and Kaito from Mermaid Melody Pichi Pichi Pitch

Yukari and George from Paradise Kiss

Nanami and Yano from Bokura ga Ita

Karin and Kiriya from Kare First Love

Yukino and Soichiro from Kare Kano

Misao and Kyo from Black Bird

I had to add some to the list.

Comment by UsagiMamoru — September 7, 2010 @ 7:02 pm

82.

Those are soo cute!

Comment by Faye — December 2, 2010 @ 6:27 pm

83.

what about Shinichi Kudo and Ran Mouri?

Comment by pusahkate — December 4, 2010 @ 5:19 am

84.

i love ranma 1/2 and of course akane,..but is it true that in the end akane died?

Comment by justcallmecute — February 10, 2011 @ 2:56 am

85.

No Sakura and syaoran???? No kidding! U forget them, rite???

Comment by Tamayuki — February 14, 2011 @ 2:24 am

86.

out of all the couples inuyasha and kagome becuz have u seen the show best show in the whole wide world!!!!

Comment by juliagomez — April 6, 2011 @ 8:40 pm

87.

OMFG!!! They are re-booting Rurouni Kenshin into a new anime! Here's to them doing the Junchuu Arc at last and taking out all the crappy fillers! Please let Bones be the production company, please.

Comment by Sinamon — April 20, 2011 @ 12:18 pm

88.

I agree .... Kagome is much better pair for Inuyasha than Kikyo.

Comment by jeanne evans — May 4, 2011 @ 4:15 am

89.

sasuke x sakura best couple 4ever !!!>.<
    so sweet, sad and tragic !

shinichi kudo and rann !!! where is it!!??? its very good couple !!!

and naruhina!? where's it!?
    and nalu !? wheeree.!
    ps : i like the couple that still not happend ! it's make me want to know , is it be couple or not!?? hehehe..but i like elie x haru ( rave)

Comment by karisa — May 13, 2011 @ 5:56 am

90.

sasuke and sakura should be on there. They will be together eventually!

Comment by uchiha sasuke — December 2, 2011 @ 2:39 pm

91.

Fashigi yogi forever!!!!!

Comment by Kay — January 1, 2012 @ 10:58 pm

92.

Liked every couple on the list...except miaka and tamahome. I think their relationship is way too cheesy and melodramatic...but...different strokes for different folks.

Comment by rrrrrrruu — January 30, 2012 @ 9:31 pm

93.

I simply adore Ranma and Akane and so, thank you for putting them on the first spot. I like how most of the photos of the pairs are sweet saved for Ranma and Akane. I'm blabbering but I just can't get enough of them right now (currently watching all the eps of the anime, will delve into the manga soon).

I also think Kudo Shinichi and Mouri Ran should be on the list. I mean, we've had more than 600 eps worth of their romance.

It was a nice list! Thank you for sharing! ^_^

Comment by Jam — May 2, 2012 @ 4:47 pm

94.

Misaki x Usui... <33333

Comment by Touched — May 5, 2012 @ 6:48 pm

95.

Where's Usui and Misaki from Kaichou wa maid-sama? T.T

Comment by Nalu — June 11, 2012 @ 5:55 pm

96.

I soooo agree with Ranma and Akane. they're like the BEST ANIME COUPLE IN THE WORLD. BOTH ARE DENIAL, TOO PROUD.. BUT DESPITE THE HESITANCE IN THEIR WORDS, IT IS VERY CLEAR IN THE WORLD THAT THEY REALLY DO LOVE EACH OTHER THROUGH THEIR ACTIONS ^^

RANMA && AKANE FTW!!!! I WILL FOREVER LOVE THIS ANIME COUPLE.

teheee childhood memories ^^

Comment by rin — June 16, 2012 @ 5:09 pm

97.

Why aren't Nagisa and Tomoya on here? They should be number 1.

Comment by Dafuq?! — June 21, 2012 @ 5:06 pm

98.

dear dafuq....i like tomoya and nagisa too but this not your list of anime couples, it's hers. also, the clannad anime started airing in october 2007 but this list was compiled before then so maybe it just missed?

Comment by sinamon — June 24, 2012 @ 5:11 pm

99.

The only ones I'm truly familiar with on this list are Ranma & Akane and I have to agree that they are like the epitome of an anime couple. Other animes with romantic themes in them I recommend are "Welcome to the NHK" and "Hayate no Gotoku"... NHK is a bit depressive but it's rooted on love and has its funny parts... and Hayate no Gotoku is just plain funny but every once and then some deep stuff happens.

Comment by utks — August 3, 2012 @ 1:05 am

100.

kenshin & kaoru... soooooooooo cute! (>.<)

Comment by Furan — September 11, 2012 @ 10:58 am

101.

I think Serena and Darien for Sailor Moon should be here. They're a really cute couple and live each other deeply.

Comment by Igglebunny — September 15, 2012 @ 10:16 am

102.

i would rather choose Kei Kusanagi and Mizuho Kazami.............their soooooooooooooo cute and their ment for each other!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment by Jc cuyuca — November 10, 2012 @ 9:34 am