We’re back. All will be explained. Okay, no, not really.
Sound quality sucks, because we’re figuring this conference call crap out still. I think I’ve figured out for next time. So don’t beat me up too badly. Consider this a pilot that is planning on going to series. Shot with no budget.[fusion_builder_container hundred_percent=”yes” overflow=”visible”][fusion_builder_row][fusion_builder_column type=”1_1″ background_position=”left top” background_color=”” border_size=”” border_color=”” border_style=”solid” spacing=”yes” background_image=”” background_repeat=”no-repeat” padding=”” margin_top=”0px” margin_bottom=”0px” class=”” id=”” animation_type=”” animation_speed=”0.3″ animation_direction=”left” hide_on_mobile=”no” center_content=”no” min_height=”none”][audio:http://www.podtrac.com/pts/redirect.mp3/www.needcoffee.com/podcasts/wjusticereturn.mp3]
Here’s the agenda:
- The Strike Update by Tuffley, with interruptions by ScottC, who wants Law & Order and sex crimes
- Rob Levy reveals how Lionel Richie spelled the doom of the Grammys, long, long ago. He also brings up the prospect of combining the Grammys with American Gladiators. And knife fighting.
- General Oscar discussion.
- Javier Bardem vs. Hal Holbrook
- The Assassination of Jesse James…
- General bitching about the score of There Will Be Blood being ineligible
- David Cronenberg messes with Widge’s head with Eastern Promises
- David Lynch messes with everyone’s head. Everyday.
- Tuffley reveals that married people are kinkmonsters
- Rob is depressed by Torchwood. Okay, pretty much everyone is depressed by Torchwood. But it is on DVD.
- BBC America chops shows to bits for commercials. But this is not news.
- General discussion of Ashes to Ashes, the Life on Mars spinoff
- General fear of the Americanized Life on Mars, which is more than likely dead now
- Rob makes a startling prediction about Doctor Who
- General ribbing of Ben Kingsley, for being in a string of shitty films
- Rob needlessly warns you away from a Matthew McConaughey film
- Discussion of the new art film western sub-genre
- Everyone’s picks for your weekend
Of course, special thanks go out to Clutch for letting us use their absolutely badass song, “Promoter (of earthbound causes)” as our theme music for this.
BTW, you iTunes subscriber types can nab this feed here. If you like us, why not rate us? We don’t bite. Mostly.