This is a massive set for the Red Sox fan. Massive in quantity, anyway. Sizewise its six discs but packed into a steelbook case for easy storage. I’m no expert on baseball, but apparently folks voted and these were the six that fans consider to be the “essential” games of Fenway Park. So we’ll take their word for it:
- Sept. 30, 1967 Regular Season vs. Minnesota TwinsÂ® (9/30/67): Carl Yastrzemski hit his 44th home run as the Sox tied for the lead in a four-team American LeagueÂ® pennant race.
- 1975 World SeriesÂ® Game 6 vs. the Cincinnati RedsÂ® (10/21/75): This see-saw battle of the Titans ended with Carlton Fisk and his 12th inning game-ending home run.
- Regular Season vs. Seattle MarinersÂ® (4/29/86): 23-year-old Roger Clemens set the Major League record with 20 strikeouts in this hallmark game.
- 1999 Major League Baseball All-Star GameÂ® and MLB All-Century Team celebration (7/13/99): Fenway Park was selected to house the final Mid-Summer Classic of the 20th Century and the festivities riveted the world.
- 1999 American League ChampionshipÂ® Series Game 3 vs. New York Yankees (10/16/99): Red Sox ace Pedro Martinez shutdown the vaunted Yankees and former Boston pitcher Roger Clemens with 12 strikeouts over 7 innings.
- Apr. 22, 2007 Regular Season vs. New York YankeesÂ® (4/22/07): Boston dispensed with its archrival Yankees in large part thanks to four consecutive home runs.
More bonus features appear after the entry form if you want to see the whole shmeal. But the total running time is sixteen and a half hours. Nice. Want to win it? Because we got a copy here that could have your name on it…
Contest is closed! Thanks for playing.
But don’t despair! For the latest in contestage, check out the site here.
Or if you want to never miss another contest, subscribe to our RSS feed!