That’s right, like Superman and Batman, coffee and caffeine swoop in and save your ass from many things on a daily basis. That’s what this round-up of caffeine and coffee info from The New York Times relates.
Among the bits:
- No added risk of heart disease and can actually benefit women in regards to cardiovascular disease, depending on the quantity consumed
- Coffee drinking doesn’t cause hypertension, but watch your ass with the colas
- No real effect on your chance of getting cancer but can actually help with stuff like avoiding liver cancer (this does not mean mixing coffee and alcohol will protect you, of course)
- No added risk of bone loss (but I always put mine next to my keys so I can find them in the morning)
- No long term help with weight loss
- Some studies show that caffeinated coffee can reduce your risk of Parkinson’s
- Any coffee can apparently reduce your risk of Type 2 diabetes
As always, we’re not doctors, so please check with your physician before taking seriously anything that a guy who sits for fourteen hours a day typing says about health-related subjects.