Your Weekend Justice #51: A Tale of Fountain Pens and Cholera and Iguanas

Edith Bunker

And we’re back. Please note: this podcast, if you haven’t figured it out, is profane and not safe for consumption by children or animals. Or sentient creatures of any sort. You can’t say we didn’t warn you.

[audio:http://www.podtrac.com/pts/redirect.mp3/www.needcoffee.com/podcasts/wjustice012210.mp3]

Agenda:

• Scribecast
  • Legends of The Unique Geek
  • What’s in the bottle?
  • The next guest star on SVU
  • Parks and Recreation
  • The Mentalist
  • Penn and Teller and Service
  • Jon’s night job
  • Fantasy podcast?
  • Rox’s list of films with snot bubbles
  • White Lion
  • Torchwood U.S.
  • Doctor Who U.S.
  • Dollhouse
  • Odd Ford endorsements
  • Rox’s Dollhouse report goes viral (PDF)
  • Prof. Serv
  • A-Team
  • John Travolta
  • Retro Quagmire!
  • MSG4U
  • Lou Ferrigno
  • New Law & Order spinoff–call me
  • Spider-Man reboot
  • Welcome to Memorpaga!
  • ScottC finally nails joke at 1:25:00 in (or so)
  • Leigh is mentioned…will she notice?
  • Kim’s time travel scheme
  • Plume Factor
  • Steve Garvey
  • CSI: Uncanny Valley
  • Python meets Bebe Neuwirth or…something
  • Snort!
  • What’s Wrong With Rox’s Ferret?

Thanks to Jon from The Unique Geek for helping us sound good.

You can find all of our Recommendations at our Amazon Store.

As always, special thanks go out to Clutch for letting us use their absolutely badass song, “Promoter (of earthbound causes)” as our theme music for this.

Buy Blast Tyrant, which is where you can find “Promoter”. Buy their latest album, Strange Cousins from the West. Send them love and coin.

BTW, you iTunes subscriber types can nab this feed here. If you like us, why not rate us? We don’t bite. Mostly.

Or if you want to do something else with it, the feed feed is here.

To download this episode directly, Weekend Justice #51: A Tale of Fountain Pens and Cholera and Iguanas, then do that thing. For the previous episode, click here.

By | 2017-09-24T22:55:07+00:00 January 22nd, 2010|Podcasts, Weekend Justice|10 Comments

10 Comments

1. Enzeru January 22, 2010 at 3:06 pm

I don’t think Kencubines is a good name for Ken’s fangirls. I think Plumites is a better one(Snydecast reference no one will ever get).

Kim’s daydreams are not as weird as mine :)

If I were to go back in time I would have saved more money for Dragon Con.

Epic cast guys.

2. Widge January 22, 2010 at 3:43 pm

I thought “Plumite” was what Cameron originally wanted to call “unobtainium” in Avatar.

3. Enzeru January 22, 2010 at 3:52 pm

Well, they took that from Snydecast because 89 and 90 were made far before Avatar was.

4. Widge January 22, 2010 at 4:48 pm

You hear that, Plumester? You should sue Cameron!

5. Joe 'Covenant' Lamb January 22, 2010 at 5:48 pm

Only 150 minutes?
    I feel cheated!
    (Yet, still I listen!)

6. Enzeru January 22, 2010 at 6:16 pm

He probably doesn’t even remember much from those two podcasts XD they were a while ago.

But like the good fangirl I am I’m behind you on it.

7. Widge January 22, 2010 at 7:27 pm

Trust me: Ken doesn’t remember this podcast, and we only recorded it a few days ago. So guaranteed he doesn’t remember those. Hell, Dana and I have to reintroduce ourselves every other call. It’s like Memento at his place.

8. RoxofSpazhouse January 23, 2010 at 10:13 am

It was cold this morning as I biked to Publix. The cold loosens my nasal passages quite well. Almost too much. I was listening to this Weekend Justice in the store when I got to the portion of my incoherent Doll House review, when I burst out laughing uncontrollably and let loose a large snot bubble. Tears of laugher blurred my vision as I scrambled for a crumpled up tissue I had in my jacket. Thank god the store was not crowded.

This podcast is rated 1 Snot Bubble.

9. RoxofSpazhouse January 23, 2010 at 10:17 am

Hey, where is that pdf?

10. Widge January 23, 2010 at 7:16 pm

It’s PDF-linked on the agenda. Thanks for the reminder.