Okay, you might remember that I put out a call for assistance on creating a OpenSearch plugin for Firefox. Because it was driving me mad. Well, DeWitt over at Unto.net helped me out. And he says that he’s the creator of OpenSearch. So how cool is that?
It’s like that scene in Back to School where Vonnegut shows up to help Rodney Dangerfield write a paper on Vonnegut.
Anyway, if you’ve been online somewhere and thought, “Wow, I sure wish I could search Needcoffee without having to go to Needcoffee,” now you can access our mayhem from the comfort of…wherever it is you are at the time.
Instructions for Firefox and IE7 follow…
1. You should see a search area up towards the right of your machine. Wait, here it is now:
2. Click the Google G (or whatever icon is there presently) and you should get a drop-down.
3. You see the Add Needcoffee.com bit on there? The one with the coffee cup? Click it. Yer done. When you want to search us, just make sure you see the coffee cup. If not, click the dropdown and select it.
1. You should see a search area up towards the right of your machine. Bingo:
2. Click the drop down next to the magnifying glass.
3. Mouse over Add Search Providers and click Needcoffee.com.
Done and done. When you want to search us, make sure you can see “Needcoffee.com” in the field. If not, click the drop down and select it.
Happy searching! I shudder at what you might find…