Written by Simon Pegg & Edgar Wright
Directed by Edgar Wright
Starring Simon Pegg, Nick Frost, Jim Broadbent, Timothy Dalton, Edward Woodward
My Advice: Don’t miss it.
Nicholas Angel (Pegg) is the best cop in London. No, seriously. He kicks unbelievable amounts of ass. In fact, he’s so far over his ass-kicking quota that his superiors (along with everyone else) has decided to shunt him into the countryside because otherwise he’s going to put them all out of a job. Of course, out in said countryside, there’s very little in the way of SWAT-level raids that need to be undertaken, nor do you have a great deal of stabbing going on. In fact, in Sandford–where Angel ends up–they haven’t had a murder in twenty years. They…do seem to have a high number of accidents, though…but are they really accidents? Or is Angel just so used to the criminal element that he’s going batshit crazy in a place where Sandford’s Most Wanted is an escaped swan?
The first episode of Spaced. Watching this, you’ll see a lot of familiar faces: Simon Pegg and Jessica Stevenson, naturally, plus Bill Bailey, Nick Frost, Peter Serafinowicz, and briefly, Edgar Wright, who also directed. For those who don’t know, this is the series that would eventually spawn Shaun of the Dead.
Found via Screenhead.
Directed by Matt Gillbe & Matt Griffiths
Starring Nick Frost
- All eight first series episodes
- Bonus episode: “Danger! 50,000 Zombies!”
- Running audio commentary by Frost and members of the crew
- Dangerous facts
Released by: Rykodisc.
My Advice: Yeah, you’ll want this just to show it around.
The world is a dangerous place. Pretty much, no matter where you are, you are susceptible to it sneaking up on you and handing you your ass. That’s why we should be grateful for Nick “The” Frost, Chazzie award-winning actor, who in his spare time becomes the Sir David Attenborough for the potentially lethal. He circles the globe seeking out danger, confronts it, smirks at it, and then instructs us, the audience, on what to do in that situation.
Written by: Simon Pegg & Edgar Wright
Directed by: Edgar Wright
Starring: Simon Pegg, Nick Frost, Kate Ashfield, Lucy Davis, Dylan Moran
- Running audio commentary by co-scribe/actor Pegg and co-scribe/director Wright
- Running audio commentary by actors Pegg, Frost, Ashfield, Davis and Moran
- Storyboard comparisons
- Zombie/movie trivia subtitle track
- Pegg’s video diary
- Casting tapes
- Pegg & Wright’s flipchart presentation of the film
- SFX comparison
- Makeup tests
- EPK featurette
- Photo gallery
- The comic strip tie-in from 2000 AD
- Poster gallery
- U.S. Theatrical Trailer
- Full versions of some of the TV bits seen throughout the film
- Edited “clean” version of one scene
- “The Man Who Would Be Shaun”
- “Plot Holes” section for explaining bits left out of the film
- Extended scenes, available with commentary by Pegg and Wright
Released by: Universal
My Advice: Own it