Honeydripper is the new film by John Sayles and concerns rural blues from the Deep South in the 1950s.
Here's what they tell us about it:
The story depicts a second chance for an aging bluesman, the kickoff to a young guitar turk's career and the rise of rock 'n' roll itself. The movie features an all-star cast including Danny Glover, Charles S. Dutton, Lisa Gay Hamilton, Stacy Keach, Mary Steenburgen, Yaya DeCosta and Sean Patrick Thomas.
The film is rolling out around the country now. Here's what the tell us about the soundtrack--that thing you're going to try and win:
The 15-song soundtrack features Stax Records veteran Mable John ("No Matter How She Done It") along with legendary artists Memphis Slim ("Bertha May") and Lil Green ("Why Don't You Do Right?)," as well as actor Danny Glover performing "Goin' Down Slow." The film introduces actor/musician Gary Clark Jr., about whom Texas Music Magazine wrote, "Probably the most talented Texas guitarist since a certain SRV." The soundtrack showcases his fiery fretwork on "Good Rockin' Tonight," "China Doll" and "Blue Light Boogie."
I've got a full track listing of the disc below the entry form.
And the movie's official website is here.
Contest is closed! Thanks for playing.
But don't despair! For the latest in contestage, check out the site here.
Or if you want to never miss another contest, subscribe to our RSS feed!
Honeydripper Soundtrack Track Listing
1. "Honeydripper Lounge" - The Aces Of Spade
2. "Tall Cotton" - Mason Daring, Frank Gallagher, Tim Jackson & Mike Turk
3. "No Matter How She Done It" - Mable John
4. "Standing By The Highway" - New Beginnings Ministry
5. "Move It On Over" - Hank Williams
6. "Why Don't You Do Right? (Get Me Some Money, Too!)" - Lil Green
7. "Stack O Lee" - Keb'Mo'
8. "You Got To Choose" - New Beginnings Ministry
9. "Goin' Down Slow" - Danny Glover
10. "Bertha May" - Memphis Slim
11. "Good Rockin' Tonight" - Gary Clark, Jr.
12. "China Doll" - Gary Clark, Jr.
13. "Blue Light Boogie" - Gary Clark, Jr.
14. "Music Keeps Rollin' On" - Barrence Whitfield
15. "Things About Coming My Way" - Ruth Brown