The annual Annie Awards, presented by the International Animated Film Society, were given out last night. And Pixar rocked the house, taking Best Animated Feature for Ratatouille, Best Animated Short Subject, and THQ even won for their Ratatouille video game. Futurama also took home the Best Home Entertainment Production award for Bender's Big Score and Aardman won Best Animated Television Production for Creature Comforts America.
You can get all the details at the ASIFA-Hollywood Animation Archive but some other highpoints of note are here...
- Brad Bird won both Writing and Directing in an Animated Feature Production for Ratatouille
- Seth Green won Directing in an Animated Television Production for Robot Chicken Star Wars
- Michael Giacchino won Music in an Animated Feature Production for Ratatouille
- Ian Holm won Voice Acting in an Animated Feature Production for Ratatouille
- Eartha Kitt won Voice Acting in an Animated Television Production for an episode of The Emperor's New School
- Jerry Beck won the June Foray Award for "significant and benevolent or charitable impact on the art and industry of animation"
- John Canemaker, Glen Keane and John Kricfalusi are the Winsor McCay Award Winners for "career contributions to the art of animation"
And the full scorecard for individual awards looks like this:
- Disney/Pixar: 11 of which 10 were for Ratatouille
- Fox TV: 4 (for Simpsons, Family Guy and Futurama)
- Cartoon Network: 2 (for Robot Chicken)
- Nickelodeon: 2
- Sony: 2 (for Surf's Up)
- Aardman: 1
- Acme Filmworks: 1